History of the Association of Ferroalloy producers
Ukrainian Association of Ferroalloy producers and other electric products
(Association of Ferroalloy producers) was established in April 1997 with the aim of providing
opportunities for native producers to enter the world markets of ferroalloys and other
electric products, and also coordination of their external economic action.
Initiator offoundation the Association was Alexander
V. Koval - academician AIN Ukraine, doctor of technical Sciences, Professor, laureate of the prize
of the Council of Ministers of the USSR (1991), laureate of State prize of Ukraine (1998); Chairman
of the Board of PJSC "Nikopol Ferroalloy plant".
The founders of the Association of Ferroalloy producers are
PJSC "Nikopol Ferroalloy plant", PJSC "ZZF", PJSC "Stakhanov Ferroalloy plant", PJSC "Konstantinovka
iron & steel works", PJSC "Kramatorsk metallurgical plant", PJSC "Marganetsk mining plant",
LLC "Pobuzhsky ferronickel plant", PJSC "Ordzhonikidze ore mining and processing enterprise",
State scientific-research and project Institute "Energostal".
1998 - the Association adopted new members: PJSC "Ordzhonikidze ore mining
and processing enterprise" State scientific-research and project Institute "Energostal".
Main directions of activity in 1998 year:
- expansion of international relations (negotiations about the conclusion of the contract with the Japanese Association of Ferroalloy producers);
- meeting of representatives of Association of Ferroalloy producers and EuroAliages in Spain, where the issues of anti-dumping sanctions on Ukrainian ferroalloys and ferrosilicon;
- assistance in using the Zaporizhya ferroalloys plant quota on delivery to the USA ferrosilicomanganese;
- output of Ferroalloy enterprises - founders of the Association of composition PHO "Metallurgprom";
- preparation and filing a joint appeal to the Supreme Council of Ukraine on the problems of power supply for Ferroalloy enterprises;
- carrying out scientific-technical conference.
1999 - took place the working meeting of representatives of Association of
Ferroalloy producers and EuroAliages (European Association of Ferroalloy producers) in Kiev,
where the issues of anti-dumping sanctions on ferro-alloys as well as the state of the world
market of ferroalloys.
Holding of the international scientific-practical conference "Actual problems and
prospects of electrometallurgical production", dedicated to 100 anniversary of ДметИ and
75-anniversary of the chair of electrometallurgy ДметИ.
2000 - accepted into the Association of JSC Marganetsk mining plant", came
from the Association Constantine and Kramatorsk metallurgical plants in connection with the
termination of ferroalloy
Elected Chairman of the Board of Directors Куцин VS - Chairman of the Board of
OJSC "Nikopol Ferroalloy plant". Deputy Minister of industrial policy of Ukraine Grishchenko
YEAR he was elected an honorary member of the Board of Directors of the Association.
2001 - main directions of activity:
- signing of cooperation agreement and a Memorandum on mutual assistance in anti-dumping investigation Евроальяжем;
- joining the international Union of Metallurgists, located in Moscow. Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Association of Ferroalloy producers Куцин VS elected Vice-President of MSM;
- the entry of the Association in the Chamber of Commerce of the USA in Ukraine;
- participation in antidumping process against ferrosilicomanganese in the EU;
- carrying out the work on inclusion of Ukrainian ferroalloys in Ashgabat Agreement;
- preparation of documents for establishing the International Association of Ferroalloy producers in contrast to ЕuroAliages;
- organization and holding meetings in Moscow to cancel the decision of the Ministry of Railways of Russia about the transportation of mass ferroalloys in boxcars.
2002 - main activities:
- consultations with the European Commission on the issues of location of the Ukrainian ferroalloys market in the EU, the possible recognition of the Ukrainian producers of manganese ferroalloys market-oriented;
- the agreement was reached with the Russian producers ferroalloys on the conclusion of the interim agreement on stabilization of the market of ferroalloys CIS countries. When it was closed wounds sales to manufacturers of Kazakhstan and China;
- active participation in the work of the Council of exporters at the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
- participation in investigation of the case of India against the Ukrainian ferrosilicon. The result - the amicable agreement;
- participation in antidumping investigation against import of Ukrainian ferrosilicomanganese, initiated by the United Mexican States;
- on behalf of PJSC Nikopol Ferroalloy plant, participation in the work of the statistics Committee of the International Institute of Manganese.
2004 - entry into the Association of LLC "Pobuzhsky ferronickel plant".
Chairman of the Board, Director of the Association of Ferroalloy producers elected Kravchenko P.A. - Chairman of the Board of PJSC "ZZF".
Principal activities during the year:
- participation in the work of the public Council under the Ministry of Industrial policy of Ukraine;
- organization of charitable grants for students электрометаллургов National metallurgical Academy of Ukraine;
- participation in the special investigation against import to Ukraine of manganese ore.
2005 - Approval of main directions of work:
I. Restore the balance in the Ukrainian Ferroalloy complex,
achieve parity in relations between members of the Association, to develop a common action plan on development of
the complex in the framework of Ukraine's economic policy.
II. Establish the international Association of Ferroalloy producers.
- organization of the meetings of Directors of the founders of the Association of Ferroalloy producers with the Minister of Ministry of industrial policy Shandroy V.N.;
- organization of press conferences in the Interfax-Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Association of Ferroalloy producers Kravchenko P.A.;
- participation in meetings and working groups of the NERC Derzhkorzema, Ministry of industrial policy on current issues of the enterprises of the founders;
- participation in the roundtable "Industrial potential and investment attractiveness of regions", organized by the magazine "Expert Ukraine";
- opening of the Internet-page of the Association www.ukrfa.org.ua